Grand Day Parade Guidelines
- Creativity required. Whenever possible, Anoka Halloween highly encourages the use of Halloween prop, colors of black and orange and PUMPKINS.
- This year our Anoka Halloween theme is: PUMPKINS
- No gore, blood, violent Halloween themes allowed. This is a kid friendly parade.
- No political groups or political campaigning allowed in or on parade route.
- Traditional cars or trucks will not qualify as a parade entry.
- No RV’s or Buses.
- Walking groups limited to 50 persons and all members should be 10 years or older. Our parade is over 1.5 miles long and is very fast paced.
- Anoka Halloween does not provide vehicles.
- Float length no more than 30’ long and 13’5” tall. Combined total for pull vehicle and float no more than 55’.
- No animal pickup provided; you must provide your own pickup.
- Alcohol prohibited in all parade areas.
All handouts must be pre-approved by the Anoka Halloween Festival Committee – including candy. Please include a sample of handout. Please describe your candy handout on your application.
Light Up the Night Parade
In addition to the Grand Day guidelines, the following apply for our night parade:
- Illumination – your float must have adequate lighting. Your pull vehicle will have lights out during the parade route.
NO HANDOUTS- including candy on the parade route- due to safety concerns.
Updates For Both Grand Day And Night Parade
- Proof of insurance required.
- Current copies of policy or card are okay.