Grand Day Parade Guidelines
- Creativity required. Whenever possible, Anoka Halloween highly encourages the use of Halloween prop, colors of black and orange and PUMPKINS.
- This year our Anoka Halloween theme is: RETRO
- No gore, blood, violent Halloween themes allowed. This is a kid friendly parade.
- No political groups or political campaigning allowed in or on parade route.
- Traditional cars or trucks will not qualify as a parade entry.
- No RV’s or Buses.
- Walking groups limited to 50 persons and all members should be 10 years or older. Our parade is over 1.5 miles long and is very fast paced.
- Anoka Halloween does not provide vehicles.
- Float length no more than 30’ long and 13’5” tall. Combined total for pull vehicle and float no more than 55’.
- No animal pickup provided; you must provide your own pickup.
- Alcohol prohibited in all parade areas.
All handouts must be pre-approved by the Anoka Halloween Festival Committee – including candy. Please include a sample of handout. Please describe your candy handout on your application.
Light Up the Night Parade
In addition to the Grand Day guidelines, the following apply for our night parade:
- Illumination – your float must have adequate lighting. Your pull vehicle will have lights out during the parade route.
NO HANDOUTS- including candy on the parade route- due to safety concerns.
Updates For Both Grand Day And Night Parade
- Proof of insurance required.
- Please include with your application: Certificate of COMPREHENSIVE GENERAL LIABILITY (CGL)
- Please include with your application or within 10 days of your acceptance letter: If proof of insurance is not received with in the allowed time period, you will not be allowed to attend our event.
- Current copies of policy or card are okay.
- Your insurance provider is very familiar with this type of policy.
DUE TO LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, ANOKA HALLOWEEN FESTIVAL COMMITTEE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT ALL ENTRIES.
August 1st 2014