Location: Main Street and Fifth Avenue. FREE parking ramps available on 2nd Avenue one block North and South of Main Street. One ramp available on Van Buren Street between 3rd and 4th Avenue.
Parade route from 1st Avenue to the corner of 5th Avenue and Main Street will contain pedestrian gates along the first skip strip of the West bound traffic. Please beware of chair stationing along this side of Main street.
***Special Notice about reserving space during both; Night Parade and Grand Day Parades
Prior to 4:00 a.m. on the day of daytime parade and 4:00 p.m. on the day of a nighttime parade, no person shall claim or attempt to claim, reserve, occupy or otherwise control public space along the adjoining parade route, either in person or by the placement of any objects such as, but not limited to, ropes, tapes, chairs, blankets, barricades or barriers of any kind. After the foregoing 4:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. time restrictions, ropes, tapes, chairs and blankets may be used to reserve public space along the adjoining parade route, provided such objects are removed within three (3) hours following the conclusion of the parade.
Any objects located on public property in violation of Section 50-254 may be removed by the City or its designee and stored at a location designated by the City until such time as the object is claimed by its owner or deemed to be abandoned by the City pursuant to Section 50-256. The City shall not be responsible for any objects removed and/or stored by the City pursuant to this Section.
Individuals who have had objects removed from public property pursuant to Section 50-255 must claim their objects no later than three (3) calendar days following the conclusion of the parade. All items not claimed by said time may be deemed abandoned and disposed of at the discretion of the City.
The City may reserve public space along the parade route for observation of the parade and erect and control seating on such reserved public space.
Rules For Parade Participants:
Participants : Grand Day and Light Up the Night Parade are a Lottery System! Applications available August 15th. Deadline September 15th each year.
Exceptions will be made for our designated community partners and sponsors. Anoka Halloween Inc. reserves the right to decline or refuse any application.
No gore, blood or violent Halloween themes allowed. This is a kid-friendly parade.
- No political groups or political campaigning allowed in or on parade route.
- Traditional cars or trucks will not qualify as a parade entry.
- No RV’s, Buses, Enclosed Trailers
- Walking groups limited to 25 people. Walkers must be able to walk 1.5 miles at a fast pace.
- Anoka Halloween does not provide vehicles.
- Float length no more than 30’ long and 13’5” tall. Combined total for pull vehicle and float no more than 55’.
- No animal pickup provided.
- Alcohol prohibited in all parade areas.
- Proof of insurance required. Clear copies of policy or card are acceptable.
- No handouts for the Light Up the Night Parade.
- Light Up the Night participants must be illuminated.
- Photo or Pencil sketch of float required with application.
- Deadline for both parades September 15th. Applications not excepted via email.
- DUE TO LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, ANOKA HALLOWEEN FESTIVAL COMMITTEE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT ALL ENTRIES.